eliniko site

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Hello Pantousis,

I am not aware of any sites in Hellas that are dedicated to the construction of telescopes. Did you have any specific questions that you need answered? I can read Greek, but I can not write it-well, maybe at a child's level. So, feel free to write back in Greek. I will attempt to help you the best I can. The only telescope that I built in Greece was a 6-inch f/10 Dobsonian. I purchased a black plastic tube, particle board, teflon, springs, screws, paint, and nuts and bolts locally and assembled the telescope. A friend of mine in Athens recently assembled a truss tube Dobsonian using a commercially bought 16-inch mirror. It looks nice. If you are contemplating a Dobsonian telescope, I could ask him if he would be willing to assist you with your questions. Let me know.

Clear Skies,

-Fred

www.instrumentsoflight.com - www.ras.org.uk

www.avastronomyclub.org - www.aavso.org (LEF)

www.imca.cc (#9181)

www.alpo-astronomy.org

Astrovox Member #4.

Doing astronomy since 1970

Sky & Tel subscriber since 1971

www.highdeserttelescopes.com

Σύνδεσμος για σχόλιο
Κοινή χρήση σε άλλους ιστότοπους

Fred,

I apologize for digressing but are you aware of any local sources here in Greece for foam material, particularly the corrugated stuff where you can remove pieces to custom-fit an OTA etc? I am looking for the dark gray (nearly black) foam material.

Antonis.

Φιλικά,

Αντώνης Αγιομαμίτης

http://www.perseus.gr

Σύνδεσμος για σχόλιο

Hello Antonis,

Off-hand I am not familiar with a place that sells diced foam. I do know that Pelican, located nearby in Torrance sells excellent cases and you can buy the foam inserts separately. Their web site is www.pelican.com and they have a dealer for the EEC located in Spain. Also the Maison Astronomie in France sells cases, they are at www.maison-astronomie.com. The cases they sell are for commercial made telescopes. I do not know if that is exactly what you are looking for. I do not know how much success you have had looking in the Athens area for diced foam. Praktiker might have it, or they can order it for you. Don't forget that many times companies will usually order items that they can sell quickly, but they do have access to a much larger stock of items. As a last resort you could buy the amount of foam, as a solid block, that you need to fit your case. If you need more than one piece you could glue the pieces together and then cut them with a razor blade (do be careful at this point). I know that using the diced foam is a lot easier in the long run, but if you are putting together a case for an OTA the solid foam may work out too.

Oh yes, there is a company that makes a form fitting foam and I believe that they have an office in Greece. I can't locate the bookmark off hand, but will get the information to you when I find it. With this foam you simply take the box that one has made and fill it with the foam and then place the object in the box and it will displace the foam and one ends up with a nice tight fit. What size instrument are you looking at making a case for?

Clear Skies,

-Fred

www.imca.cc (#9181)

www.alpo-astronomy.org

Astrovox Member #4.

Σύνδεσμος για σχόλιο

Hi Antonis,

OK, here is the info. The stuff is called "Instapak Packaging Foam" their web site is at www.sealdair.com and the telphone number in Hellas is 30-2620-32551.

Clear Skies,

-Fred

www.imca.cc (#9181)

www.alpo-astronomy.org

Astrovox Member #4.

Σύνδεσμος για σχόλιο

Hi Fred,

You are a gentleman! I have a portable scope (Orion ST-80) and I would like to pick up some of the diced foam material so as to construct a proper case for it. I have already located an aluminum case ("brief-case") for it at Praktiker with the proper dimensions and all that is left now is to acquire the foam material to fill the case and, of course, to pluck the necessary pieces so that the OTA, finderscope and diagonal can fit nicely.

I will follow-up with the link and phone number you so kindly have provided.

Don't rush back to Greece as I am sure the weather and temperatures in California are currently superior to what we are experiencing right now.

Thanks again!

Antonis.

Φιλικά,

Αντώνης Αγιομαμίτης

Σύνδεσμος για σχόλιο

Fred et al,

The link should be http://www.sealedair.com ... after some trial and error I found the proper combination of characters. :-)

Antonis.

Φιλικά,

Αντώνης Αγιομαμίτης

Σύνδεσμος για σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε έναν λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είσαι μέλος για να αφήσεις ένα σχόλιο

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Εγγραφείτε για έναν νέο λογαριασμό στην κοινότητά μας. Είναι εύκολο!.

Εγγραφή νέου λογαριασμού

Συνδεθείτε

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό? Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Συνδεθείτε τώρα
  • Δημιουργία νέου...

Σημαντικές πληροφορίες

Όροι χρήσης